Hacker's attack/Update

• Offizieller Beitrag

Dear members of The Savannah,

on september the 18th and 19th this board was target of two hacker's attacks. They used an automatic script and a security vulnerability in our boards's software to get access to this board.

Fortunately, I could fix the vulnerability quickly, but I had to turn off the board during the last night.

Thank God the attackers didn't cause much harm. To my knowledge no passwords have been hacked. However, I advise you to change them just to be sure. In case you're using the same password for various sites you should change them as soon as possible.

Since the attackers were able to view the admin control panel, they might have also had a look at your e-mail adresses. However to my knowledge, this has not been the case. But you never know...

In order to be sure, I had to restore a backup. So if you've sent some PMs on the 18. and 19. of September, they are probably lost. However all postings and threads could be restored.

I also used the downtime to update other things:

• Update of the board's software/fixing vulnerability issues
    • Update of the WIKI-Addon
    • Update of our Portal
    • Update of the Link-Directory-Addon
    • Update of our Forumrunner-Addon
    • Update of our Tapatalk-Addon

Of course these updates can come with some minor technical issues. So in case you experience any problems while surfing this site, please let me know. Either via PM or E-Mail (Kirauni(at)pride-lands.org). But please try to describe the error as detailed as possible and don't forget the error message so I can take care of things.

I'm terribly sorry for this incidend and I'd like to apologize to you for any inconveniences caused.

Kind regards,

~Kirauni

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!